Application and Admission
To be enclosed in the application:
- Letter of motivation (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae including passport photo (2 pages max.)
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree (if you have not received your bachelor certificate by the day of application, please send in the most recent transcript)
- Transcript of university records. The transcript should clearly state the courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved. Please also attach an explanation of the grading system used if it is not clearly stated in the transcript
- High school graduation certificate (“international baccalaureate” or “Abitur”) and transcript
- Certificate of language proficiency (required scores see below)
- Applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia will have to include APS certification
All required documents must be submitted in German or English.
Applicants from Germany are required to send in a copy of their degree certificates and transcripts.
Applicants from outside Germany are required to send in certified copies.
All translations of the required documents are to be made by an official translator and must bear the signature and stamp of the translator. If the required enclosures are submitted as photocopies, they are to be officially certified copies.
Authenticity of all submitted documents will be examined by the university when the application is received. In case of any counterfeit documents, the application will be disqualified. Also, if you are granted admission, you are required to verify all information given in your application form and photocopied attachments by showing the original documents (e.g., degree certificate, transcript of university records).
English language proficiency is to be verified by one of the documents listed below:
- TOEFL-Test with minimum score of 637+ (PBT), 270+ (CBT) or 100+ (iBT). The University of Erlangen-Nuremberg TOEFL code is 8265.
- UniCert Level III certificate
- IELTS test with minimum score of 6.5 (each section minimum 5.5)
- Cambridge English: Advanced
- Bachelor’s degree completed in English in one of the EU/EEA countries, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. If the language of instruction (English) is not clearly stated in the degree certificate, it is to be verified by a certificate signed by a university official
Please note that TOEFL, IELTS or UniCert test results are not accepted if they are more than two years old.
Language proficiency in German, Spanish and/or French should be verified by a document proving a minimum level of B2 (European Standard). A basic knowledge in German is recommended though not obligatory for application.
There are no tuition fees anymore. Administrative costs are 42 Euro per semester.
- Please use the Online Application Portal for master's degree course for your application.